General Assembly 2014 was amazing, and UU Class Conversations definitely lifted above our weight during the June 25-29 event in Providence R.I. From holding a standing room only workshop to speaking in favor of Escalating Inequality as the 2014-2018 Congregational Study/Action Issue (CSAI), our volunteers were seemingly everywhere.
- Personed an information table at the UU Women & Religion Booth with the Red Tent and collected hundreds of statements of interest from GAers wanting to talk about class.
- Held a standing room only – and people out the door and down the hall – workshop titled Exploring Class on Thursday, June 26th.
- Extended the conversation on class and classism at a Thursday evening Let’s Talk About Class session, hosted by UUA Multicultural Growth and Witness.
- Explored ways to support current and create new networks of people, congregations and organizations focused on raising class awareness within the denomination.
- Spoke in favor of the denomination choosing Escalating Inequality as the Congregational Study/Action Issue (CSAI) for 2014-2018. (And it is!)
Thanks to all who supported this important work while at GA. Return here often for more.