UU CLASS CONVERSATIONS
Working Class Caucus Program Coordinator
Unitarian Universalist Class Conversations educates Unitarian Universalists about class awareness and inclusion – empowering our religious movement to dismantle classism within our congregations and communities. Our volunteer Steering Committee is seeking to hire a paid Coordinator who will work to create and oversee our Working Class Caucuses. These caucuses, meeting from January – June 2023 will focus on those who identify as working-class. These caucuses will generate recommendations for UU congregations and our larger association on ways that their policies and procedures can become more welcoming for people with more limited class advantage. This is a stipended position, an average of 5-8 hours per month (total of 40-45 hours), paying $1,500.
We, at Unitarian Universalist Class Conversations, define classism as the institutional, cultural, and individual practices and beliefs that assign differential value to people according to their socioeconomic class; and an economic system that creates excessive inequality and causes basic human needs to go unmet. Our work addresses the following UU principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person (1st Principle)
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations (2nd Principle)
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations (3rd Principle)
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all (6th Principle)
Caucus Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Recruit Two Caucus Facilitators (6-8 hours)
- Train Caucus Facilitators (3 hours)
- Develop caucus outline/guidelines for Facilitators (6 hours)
- Work with Facilitators to schedule caucus meetings (2 hours)
- Work with UU Class Conversations Administrator to publicize caucus meetings and write (or video record) Report and Recommendations, based on caucus conversations (20 hours)
- Present findings virtually at the General Assembly 2023 (6 hours).
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information (phone and e-mail) for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2022.