UU Class Conversations Coordinator – Job Posting
Our volunteer Steering Committee is seeking to hire a paid Coordinator who will work 20-25 hours per month ($25/hour) and focus on the priorities below. This is a 9-month stipended position with an option for renewal, beginning in September 2019 or later, depending on when the position is filled. We will begin reviewing applications on August 1, 2019.
- Workshop Coordination
WORKSHOP AND OUTREACH COORDINATION (20 hours per month)
- Publicizes workshops and other primary UU-CC educational activities through direct marketing strategies over a variety of mediums. Answers questions about space, lodging or equipment needs for workshops. Communicates a clear payment schedule for a specific workshop, including payment of travel costs and any other expenses incurred. Oversees webinar “broadcasting” and payment systems.
- Responds to inquiries about UU Class Conversations workshops, consultation and webinars. Provides logistical information to interested groups. Schedules the above and connects groups with UU-CC facilitators once a date is set.
- Maintains clear, up-to-date records and documentation on workshop (and other activities like webinars) arrangements, to be shared with facilitators and Steering Committee members as needed.
- Creates and distributes marketing materials
- Oversees social media strategy and execution for UU-CC.
ADMINISTRATION (5 hours per month)
- Participates in monthly meetings of the Steering Committee
- Assists to determine Steering Committee meeting agendas and catalogues long-range planning ideas
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information (phone and email) for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2019.
Exploring Class and Classism
Building upon our faith community’s ongoing diversity work – from race to gender to sexual orientation to gender identity – the project aims to produce more welcoming congregations while strengthening our shared commitment to social justice.
Download the Why Talk about Class Flyer for more on our project.